Tuesday, October 16, 2007

chaseley's b.o.b

what was the hardest thing about this unit?
The hardest thing in this unit for me was cutting the subs for each kid.

What do you understand now that you did not understand before?
Now I know how to add two fractions together, and how to use a clock to add fractions.

If you had to teach your parents something about fractions what would it be and how would you do it?
I would teach them how to add fractions together. I would teach them how to use the clock method that we learned in math. I would have to say that 1/2 of the clock is 30 minutes because it is cut in half. Then 1/3 of the clock would be 20 minutes. So if you add 20 + 30 it would equal 50.Now the fraction would be 50/60 or in other words it would be 5/6.

1/2 + 1/3 = 5/6
30 + 20 = 50/60

No comments: