- What strategies were needed?
- How did you use these strategies?
- Or How could you of used these strategies.
- How would you figure out the price of a 6 cup bag of Betty's Snack mix? Use a ratio table
- Find 3 other values (amounts of Snack Mix) that could be solved using the same ratio table. Find the $$ of your new container sizes.
1: The strategies I had used were ratio tables, division, multiplying, and adding
2 : I used this strategy to find out how much ingredients are needed and the cost of the cup.
I took 2 and 2/5 and multiplied by how much was needed to get 12. Which was by 5.
Heres a picture.
3. I could've used money or a ratio table, which was probably easier. ._.
4: I took 2 and 2/5 and multiplied it by 5 which got to 12 then to get to 6 cups I divided it by 2,
and on the price I did the same thing. 3.60 x 5 = 18.00 divided by 2 = 9.00.
5: The 3 other values are: 30, 3 and 60.
Today in class we reviewed the 6 strategies from the RACE Investigation. They were
- Fractions show operations
- Ratio Tables (Proportional Reasoning)
- Partial Products or the Distributive Property
- The Whole Matters
- Friendly Fractions
Your last question deals with pizza. You need to explain which group gets the largest portion of pizza. All student groups get the same sized pizzas. It is up to you to cut them up so that they are shared equally.
- Group 1 Sally Bob, Gidget and Biff Share 3 pizzas.
- Group 2 Stan, Holly, Barry, Ben and Ichkabibble share 4 pizzas.
- Group 3 Eric, Susy,James, Betty, Veronica and Moose share 5 pizzas.
- Group 4 Paul, Alex, Chris, Jughead, Archie, Reggie, Mr. Wotherspoon and Midge share 7 pizzas.
- How much pizza does each student get in the different groups?
- Which group gets the largest portion of pizza?
- Show how you found your answer in 2 different ways.
- What strategies did you use in finding your answer.
- Show your answer is 2 different ways. I would recommend that you create a voicethread of your work.
Can't See dem VoiceThreads? Here's a link:
Question 2 Voice Thread: 4 Test Corrections
Question 3 Voice Thread: 7 Strat's
Question 4 Voice Thread: Pizza pizza