1 . What strategies were needed?
The strategies that I used to correct my test were ratio tables, multiplying & dividing .
2 . How did you use these strategies?
On my real test, I regret that I thought that the only strategy that could be used was multiplying . Because when I saw that 2 2/5 x 5 was 12 (cups) , I just multiplied everything else by 5 , then I couldn't work with decimals so I didn't do the 1/2 cup question . I should have put everything in fraction form so it would look simpler .
3 . How could you of used these strategies.
I should have used more of dividing & ratio tables. if i could find out what 12 cups was by multiplying , i could have found out what 1/2 cup was by dividing . And to get there easily I should have used ratio tables to show my work more clearly .
4 . How would you figure out the price of a 6 cup bag of Betty's Snack mix? Use a ratio table.
5 . Find 3 other values that could be solved using the same ratio table. Find the $$ of your new container sizes.
You are going to create a voice thread explaining the strategies you used on your test. You need to choose 4 out of the 6 questions.
> Question 3
Today in class we reviewed the 6 strategies from the RACE Investigation. They were
- Fractions show operations
- Ratio Tables (Proportional Reasoning)
- Partial Products or the Distributive Property
- The Whole Matters
- Friendly Fractions
> Question 4
Your last question deals with pizza. You need to explain which group gets the largest portion of pizza. All student groups get the same sized pizzas. It is up to you to cut them up so that they are shared equally.
1. Group 1 Sally Bob, Gidget and Biff Share 3 pizzas.
2. Group 2 Stan, Holly, Barry, Ben and Ichkabibble share 4 pizzas.
3. Group 3 Eric, Susy,James, Betty, Veronica and Moose share 5 pizzas.
4. Group 4 Paul, Alex, Chris, Jughead, Archie, Reggie, Mr. Wotherspoon and Midge share 7 pizzas.
+ For the first strategy i used pictures and fractions to get to the answer.
+ For the second strategy i used money to get to the answer . I changed the pizzas into dollars . So if there are 3 pizzas , its changed to $3.00 . Then , you divide the pizza into the people .
* How much pizza does each student get in the different groups?
* Which group gets the largest portion of pizza?
-----> The 4th group had the largest portion of pizza .
* Show how you found your answer in 2 different ways.
* What strategies did you use in finding your answer.
* Show your answer is 2 different ways. I would recommend that you create a voicethread of your work.